Issued 10:30 AM PST 30 January 2023
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 5 to 15 knots increasing to southeast 15 to 25 late overnight and to southeast 25 to 35 Tuesday morning.
Scattered showers or scattered flurries this evening. Periods of snow or rain Tuesday afternoon and evening.
Temperatures near minus 2.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Johnstone StraitIssued 10:30 AM PST 30 January 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 30 January 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located over northern Bowie.
By 10:00 p.m. PST tonight departing frontal system located over
the North Coast.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Tuesday frontal system located over Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Tuesday frontal system located from the North
Coast to the Central Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:17 AM PST 30 January 2023 Another frontal system will move from Bowie toward the north and
central coasts on Tuesday. Ahead of the system, gale force
southeasterly winds will develop over eastern sections of the central
and northern waters.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: