Issued 04:00 AM PST 05 December 2023
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind southeast 10 to 20 knots becoming northwest 5 to 15 Wednesday morning.
Rain changing to showers early this morning and ending Wednesday afternoon.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 5 December 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. PST today low located northwest of Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Wednesday weakening low located over the Gulf
At midnight PST tonight building ridge located over Vancouver
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:44 AM PST 5 December 2023 Gale force southwesterlies will continue over northern and central
waters this morning as a low passes to the north of Bowie.
Winds will diminish through the day as the low weakens and moves away
from the region.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: