Issued 09:30 PM PDT 02 October 2022
Tonight and Monday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northwest 15 to 25 knots diminishing to northwest 5 to 15 after midnight then becoming light early Monday morning.
Fog patches forming near midnight and dissipating near noon Monday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Johnstone StraitIssued 01:46 AM PDT 03 October 2022
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 2 October 2022 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located over Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Monday weakening ridge located over Haida Gwaii
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday frontal system located west of Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday frontal system located on a line
northwest-southeast over Queen Charlotte Sound.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: