Issued 09:30 PM PDT 09 August 2022
Tonight and Wednesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northwest 30 knots diminishing to northwest 15 late overnight then becoming variable 5 to 15 near noon Wednesday. Wind increasing to northwest 15 to 25 early Wednesday evening.
Showers Wednesday late in the day.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Johnstone StraitIssued 9:30 PM PDT 09 August 2022
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 9 August 2022 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located west of
the offshore waters.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday low 1015 mb located south of Explorer.
By 11:00 p.m. PDT Wednesday low 1016 mb located over southern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:23 PM PDT 9 August 2022 Ahead of a ridge of high pressure strong to gale force northerly
winds are occurring for waters in the vicinity of Haida Gwaii.
Winds will ease to moderate to strong northerlies Wednesday night.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: