Issued 04:00 PM PDT 22 August 2019
Tonight and Friday.
Wind light becoming northwest 5 to 15 knots this evening then becoming light late overnight. Wind becoming southeast 5 to 15 early Friday morning.
Showers beginning this evening and ending Friday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 22 August 2019 Tonight and Friday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Friday ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over central Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located over Bowie.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Friday dissipating frontal system located on a
line north-south over the Central Coast.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Friday trough located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Friday trough located over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:59 PM PDT 22 August 2019 A frontal system over Bowie will progress into the northern and
central waters tonight then cross the Central Coast into the British
Columbia Interior Friday afternoon. Gale force southerly winds will
be generated ahead of the system and shift to strong westerlies in
Gale force to strong westerly winds will dominate northern waters on
Friday as another trough swings into the region.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: