Issued 09:30 PM PDT 30 September 2022
Tonight and Saturday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northwest 10 to 20 knots becoming northwest 15 to 25 early Saturday evening.
Fog patches dissipating near noon Saturday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Johnstone StraitIssued 9:30 PM PDT 30 September 2022
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 30 September 2022 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located from the North Coast to
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Saturday ridge located from the Central Coast
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located over western Bowie.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Saturday frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:08 PM PDT 30 September 2022 A frontal system over Western Bowie this evening will slowly move
toward the North Coast tonight. Strong to gale force southerly winds
are expected over Bowie and Dixon west this evening and Saturday
morning. Southeast gales will also develop over Dixon East and
Northern Hecate Strait from Saturday morning to afternoon.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: