Issued 10:30 AM PST 05 December 2021
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind light increasing to southeast 10 to 20 knots early this afternoon and to southeast 20 to 30 near midnight. Wind southeast 20 to 30 Monday.
Snow beginning this evening changing to showers Monday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 5 December 2021 Today Tonight and Monday At 10:30 a.m. PST today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 10:00 p.m. PST tonight ridge located over BC interior.
At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located west of the offshore
By 4:00 a.m. PST Monday quasi-stationary frontal system located
over Queen Charlotte Sound.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:21 AM PST 5 December 2021 A Pacific frontal system will approach the offshore waters this
afternoon and then lie over the offshore waters overnight. Ahead of
the front, gale force east-southeast winds will develop over the
offshore waters this afternoon and then over central waters and west
of Haida Gwaii and Vancouver Island tonight. The frontal system
stalls over the central waters and will gradually weaken to below
gale force easterly winds by Monday evening.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: