Issued 04:00 PM PST 18 November 2019
Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 5 to 15 knots increasing to northwest 15 to 25 early this evening and to northwest 25 to 35 after midnight. Wind diminishing to northwest 15 to 25 Tuesday morning and to northwest 10 to 15 Tuesday evening.
Periods of rain ending this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Johnstone StraitIssued 4:00 PM PST 18 November 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 18 November 2019 Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 p.m. PST today low located over southern Explorer.
By 10:00 p.m. PST tonight departing low located near Seattle.
At 10:00 p.m. PST tonight quasi-stationary trough located from
the North Coast to Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Tuesday building ridge located over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:45 PM PST 18 November 2019 A low pressure system over Southern Explorer will move across
Northwestern Washington state this evening and into the BC
Interior overnight. In the wake of the low, strong to gale
Force northwest winds will develop over most central and southern
waters tonight and persist through Tuesday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: