Issued 09:30 PM PST 17 February 2020
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind northwest 10 to 20 knots diminishing to light near midnight then increasing to southeast 10 to 15 Tuesday morning. Wind increasing to southeast 15 to 20 Tuesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 17 February 2020 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight ridge located off Explorer.
By 7:00 a.m. PST Tuesday weakening ridge located on a line
north-south over Explorer.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Tuesday cold front located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Tuesday cold front located on a line north-south
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:23 PM PST 17 February 2020 An approaching cold front will move to lie over Bowie Tuesday
morning. Ahead of the front, gale to storm force southerlies will
develop over Bowie Tuesday morning and spread to northern waters in
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: