Issued 10:30 AM PDT 11 April 2021
Today Tonight and Monday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northerly outflow 10 to 20 knots becoming southerly inflow 10 to 15 early this afternoon except southerly inflow 20 over northern sections. Wind diminishing to light early this evening then increasing to northerly outflow 20 to 30 after midnight. Wind diminishing to northerly inflow 5 to 15 near noon Monday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Howe SoundIssued 10:30 AM PDT 11 April 2021
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 11 April 2021 Today Tonight and Monday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today building ridge located on a line north-south
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Monday quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Haida Gwaii.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: