Issued 10:30 AM PST 08 February 2023
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind northerly outflow 10 knots increasing to northerly outflow 15 to 25 early this evening. Wind northerly outflow 15 to 25 Thursday.
Rain tonight and Thursday morning.
Temperatures zero rising to plus 5 Thursday evening.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 8 February 2023 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located west of the offshore
By 4:00 p.m. PST Thursday frontal system located from Hecate Strait
to the Central Coast.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Thursday low 986 mb located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Thursday low 990 mb located over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:18 AM PST 8 February 2023 A Pacific front is approaching the coast this morning. The front will
bring widespread gale to storm force southeasterlies to offshore
waters through this morning and then to all northern and central
waters by this afternoon. Hurricane force southeasterlies will
develop over Northern Vancouver Island late this evening.
Another trough of low pressure overnight crosses the offshore waters
and will merge with the one currently over Hecate Strait and the
central waters. This will push gales south into the inner south
Coast waters, and will help maintain gale to storm force southerlies
from East Dixon south to Queen Charlotte Sound through much of
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: