Issued 01:06 PM PDT 25 August 2019
Today Tonight and Monday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southerly inflow 15 knots except southwesterly inflow 20 to 25 over northern sections. Wind diminishing to light this evening then becoming northerly outflow 10 to 15 late overnight. Wind diminishing to light Monday morning then becoming southerly inflow 10 to 15 Monday afternoon except southwesterly inflow 15 to 20 over northern sections.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Howe SoundIssued 4:00 PM PDT 25 August 2019
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 25 August 2019 Tonight and Monday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Monday trough located west of Bowie.
By 2:00 p.m. PDT Monday trough located over Haida Gwaii.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: