Issued 09:30 PM PST 06 February 2023
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind southerly inflow 15 to 25 knots becoming northerly outflow 10 to 20 late overnight then becoming southerly inflow 15 to 25 near noon Tuesday.
Rain changing to showers Tuesday evening.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 6 February 2023 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over northern Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Tuesday frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over southern Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Tuesday low 998 mb located over southern Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Tuesday low 1002 mb located over Hecate Strait.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:21 PM PST 6 February 2023 A frontal system over the Queen Charlotte Sound will move
southeastward across the South Coast tonight and Tuesday morning.
Southerly to southwesterly ahead of this system will ease to
Moderate to strong westerlies behind it this evening. Strong to gale
force southeasterlies in the Strait of Georgia will ease shift to
moderate to strong southwesterlies Tuesday morning, with westerly
gales developing in the Juan de Fuca Strait Tuesday afternoon.
A 998 millibar low will approach Southern Bowie early Tuesday
Morning and reach the mainland North Coast Tuesday evening. Gale
force westerlies in its vicinity will develop over
Parts of the offshore and central waters early Tuesday morning.
Local storm force westerlies can be expected south of the low. Gale
force outflow can be expected near midday Tuesday near Portland
Inlet. Winds will ease to moderate to strong westerlies in the wake
of the low Tuesday night.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: