Issued 09:30 PM PDT 25 August 2019
Tonight and Monday.
Wind light becoming northerly outflow 10 to 15 knots late overnight then diminishing to light Monday morning. Wind becoming southerly inflow 10 to 15 early Monday afternoon except southwesterly inflow 15 to 20 over northern sections.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 26 August 2019 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today trough located west of Bowie.
By 2:00 p.m. PDT today trough located over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:17 PM PDT 25 August 2019 A trough of low pressure will track eastward across Bowie tonight
then reach Hecate Strait by late Saturday morning.
Strong to gale force westerly winds will persist over Northern Bowie
until early Saturday morning.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: