Issued 04:00 PM PST 18 January 2022
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind light becoming northerly outflow 5 to 15 knots after midnight. Wind northerly outflow 5 to 15 Wednesday.
Periods of drizzle and fog patches changing to rain near noon Wednesday.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 18 January 2022 Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 p.m. PST today departing ridge located over Vancouver
At 9:00 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located over the offshore
By 4:00 p.m. PST Wednesday frontal system located from Hecate
Strait to the Central Coast.
At 4:00 p.m. PST Wednesday approaching trough located west of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:51 PM PST 18 January 2022 A frontal system will move across the northern waters tonight. Gale
force southeasterlies will begin over Northern Bowie near midnight
and spread to northern and central waters before morning. As it
approaches the mainland coast, storm force southeasterlies will
develop across Northern Hecate Strait and Dixon Entrance East late
A trough rapidly following this frontal system Wednesday
Afternoon will maintain southeast gale force winds from Hecate Strait
to Queen Charlotte Strait and increase winds to storm force from
Southern Hecate Strait to the headlands of Vancouver Island Wednesday
Winds will veer to gale force westerly Wednesday night in the wake of
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: