Issued 10:30 AM PDT 19 April 2021
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northerly outflow 15 knots becoming southerly inflow 5 to 15 near noon except southwesterly inflow 20 over northern sections. Wind becoming light early this evening then increasing to northerly outflow 20 to 30 late this evening. Wind diminishing to light Tuesday morning then increasing to southerly inflow 5 to 15 near noon Tuesday except southwesterly inflow 20 to 25 over northern sections Tuesday afternoon. Wind becoming northerly outflow 10 to 20 Tuesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Howe SoundIssued 10:30 AM PDT 19 April 2021
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 19 April 2021 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over Bowie.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today weakening ridge located over BC interior.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:59 AM PDT 19 April 2021 A ridge of high pressure over the BC Interior will produce strong to
near gale force northerly outflow winds through mainland inlets
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: