Issued 04:00 AM PST 26 February 2024
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind variable 5 to 15 knots increasing to northerly outflow 15 to 25 early this evening then diminishing to variable 5 to 15 Tuesday morning. Wind becoming northerly outflow 10 to 20 Tuesday evening.
Flurries or showers ending near midnight. Flurries Tuesday late in the day.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 26 February 2024 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PST today trough located on a line northwest-southeast
over the North Coast.
By 10:30 a.m. PST today trough located on a line north-south over
the Central Coast.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today ridge located west of Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight ridge located over northwestern Explorer.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Tuesday trough located on a line north-south
By 4:00 p.m. PST Tuesday trough located on a line north-south over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:46 AM PST 26 February 2024 A trough along the North Coast will keep northwesterly gales over
northern, central, and offshore waters this morning.
A ridge of high pressure will build over Bowie this afternoon and
move to Explorer tonight. This will support another round of
northwesterly gales south of Tofino and Southern Strait of Georgia.
Westerly gales are also expected through Juan de Fuca Strait.
Another trough will start to enter Bowie near midnight and continue
to track east into Tuesday. Southeasterly gales are expected over
northern waters overnight and spread to central waters on Tuesday. A
brief period of storm force southeasterlies is very likely to occur
from Tuesday afternoon over Dixon Entrance East and Hecate Strait. In
the wake of the trough, westerly gales are expected over Bowie and
Outflow winds are also expected through the mainland inlets on
Tuesday as stronger pressure gradient forms.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: