Issued 04:00 AM PST 15 December 2019
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind northerly outflow 10 to 20 knots diminishing to light late this morning then increasing to northerly outflow 10 to 20 late overnight. Wind northerly outflow 10 to 20 Monday.
Periods of snow beginning overnight changing to showers near noon Monday and ending Monday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 15 December 2019 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over BC
At 5:00 a.m. PST today warm front located over western Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today warm front located from Sandspit to Port
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight approaching cold front located over Haida
Gwaii extending southwestward.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:46 AM PST 15 December 2019 A frontal system over the offshore waters is approaching the
North Coast today.
Ahead of the system, winds will rise to gale force southeasterly over
the northern and central waters throughout today. Gale force
southeasterlies will reach waters near Northern Vancouver Island late
this afternoon or this evening.
The front will then stall along the coast from the northern tip of
Vancouver Island through Hecate Strait giving near storm force
southeasterly winds well into Monday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: