Issued 09:30 PM PDT 22 September 2023
Tonight and Saturday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to northerly outflow 10 to 20 knots near midnight then diminishing to light Saturday morning. Wind increasing to southerly inflow 20 to 30 Saturday afternoon then diminishing to southerly inflow 5 to 15 Saturday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Howe SoundIssued 9:30 PM PDT 22 September 2023
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 22 September 2023 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight trough located off Vancouver Island.
By 1:00 p.m. PDT Saturday weakening trough located over Vancouver
At 4:00 p.m. PDT Saturday trough located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Sunday intensifying trough located over Bowie.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT Sunday approaching frontal system located southwest
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:33 PM PDT 22 September 2023 A trough extending from the Central Coast to Explorer will develop
into a low over Southeastern Explorer overnight. The low centre is
expected to cross Vancouver Island Saturday near noon. Strong to gale
Force winds are expected to develop near the low tonight then become
strong southerlies over the Strait of Georgia as the low crosses the
island and weakens.
A deep low pressure system is expected to spread gale to storm force
winds across the BC waters Sunday through Monday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: