Issued 04:00 AM PDT 15 August 2022
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northerly outflow 5 to 10 knots becoming southerly inflow 5 to 15 near noon except southerly inflow 25 over northern sections. Wind becoming northerly outflow 5 to 15 near midnight then becoming southerly inflow 5 to 15 near noon Tuesday except southerly inflow 20 over northern sections.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Howe SoundIssued 06:47 AM PDT 15 August 2022
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 15 August 2022 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today trough located on a line northwest-southeast
By 8:00 p.m. PDT tonight dissipating trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located west of the offshore
By 8:00 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:52 AM PDT 15 August 2022 A frontal system will approach the offshore waters tonight.
Strong to gale force southeasterlies will develop ahead of the system
over Bowie late this evening and then spread to waters near Northern
Haida Gwaii on Tuesday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: