Issued 09:30 PM PDT 09 August 2022
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind light increasing to northerly outflow 10 to 20 knots near midnight then diminishing to light early Wednesday morning. Wind becoming southerly inflow 5 to 15 near noon Wednesday except southwest 15 to 20 over northern sections. Wind becoming light Wednesday evening.
Showers Wednesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 9 August 2022 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located west of
the offshore waters.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday low 1015 mb located south of Explorer.
By 11:00 p.m. PDT Wednesday low 1016 mb located over southern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:23 PM PDT 9 August 2022 Ahead of a ridge of high pressure strong to gale force northerly
winds are occurring for waters in the vicinity of Haida Gwaii.
Winds will ease to moderate to strong northerlies Wednesday night.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: