Issued 04:00 AM PDT 21 September 2023
Today Tonight and Friday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northerly outflow 15 to 25 knots diminishing to light near noon then increasing to northerly outflow 10 to 20 this evening. Wind becoming southerly inflow 5 to 15 Friday morning then becoming light Friday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Howe SoundIssued 04:00 AM PDT 21 September 2023
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 21 September 2023 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Friday cold front located from Explorer to the
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located from Explorer to the Central
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Friday ridge located from Explorer to Vancouver
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:42 AM PDT 21 September 2023 A cold front will track across Bowie today and then Haida Gwaii
tonight. Ahead of the front, southwesterly gales over Bowie will
spread to northern waters this morning. In its wake, winds will ease
to moderate to strong westerlies tonight through Friday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: