Issued 04:00 PM PST 28 January 2022
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind light increasing to northerly outflow 10 to 20 knots near midnight then diminishing to light near noon Saturday.
Rain Saturday late in the day.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 28 January 2022 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over BC
At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located over western Bowie.
By 7:00 a.m. PST Saturday frontal system located over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:59 PM PST 28 January 2022 Over the inner South Coast, winds remain light under a ridge of high
pressure today. Stronger southeast winds are expected late Saturday
as a front approaches.
For northern and central waters, an incoming front will provide
A boost to winds tonight. Winds will shift to gale force southerly
ahead of this front over northern and central waters tonight. On
Saturday, winds will rise to southeast 45 knots through Dixon east,
Hecate Strait, Queen Charlotte Sound and the headlands of Vancouver
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: