Hecate Strait - southern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 02 December 2020
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 20 to 30 knots becoming southeast 25 to 35 near noon then increasing to southeast 35 to 45 Thursday morning. Wind veering to south 25 to 35 Thursday evening.
Rain ending early this morning. Rain tonight and Thursday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - southern halfIssued 04:00 AM PST 02 December 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 2 December 2020 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located over Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located on a line
north-south over Hecate Strait.
At 4:00 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over southern
At 6:00 a.m. PST Thursday approaching low located west of the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:52 AM PST 2 December 2020 A frontal system over the offshore waters will push towards the
mainland coast today. Gale to storm force southeasterlies will
continue into tonight ahead of this system.
On Thursday, an area of low pressure will approach central waters and
should reach Haida Gwaii by Thursday evening. Gale to storm force
southerlies are expected in the vicinity of this area of low
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Heading to Banff or Jasper National Parks this winter?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. North and South highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: