Hecate Strait - southern half
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 29 September 2022
Tonight and Friday.
Wind southeast 15 to 20 knots diminishing to southeast 5 to 15 near midnight. Wind southeast 5 to 15 Friday.
Rain tonight and Friday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 29 September 2022 Tonight and Friday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located from the
North Coast to Bowie.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today quasi-stationary frontal system located
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:51 PM PDT 29 September 2022 A frontal system will remain quasi-stationary over Bowie through the
period. Strong to gale force winds are expected over northern
offshore waters Friday afternoon through Friday night.
It is possible that these strong to gale force southerlies affect
waters in the vicinity of Northern Haida Gwaii on Saturday morning.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: