Hecate Strait - southern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 15 November 2019
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southwesterly 15 to 25 knots increasing to southeast 25 to 35 this evening and to southeast 35 to 45 near midnight. Wind increasing to southeast 45 to 55 late overnight then diminishing to southeast 35 to 45 near noon Saturday. Wind veering to southwest 25 to 35 Saturday afternoon.
Showers changing to rain overnight. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - southern halfIssued 07:31 AM PST 15 November 2019
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 15 November 2019 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. PST today dissipating frontal system located on a
line north-south over Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PST today low 977 mb located over the Gulf of Alaska.
By 10:00 a.m. PST today departing low 982 mb located over the Gulf
At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located west of the offshore
By 4:00 a.m. PST Saturday frontal system located over the offshore
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:51 AM PST 15 November 2019 A Pacific frontal system will cross the offshore waters tonight and
the coastal waters on Saturday. Gale to storm force southerly winds
will develop over most BC waters this evening and continue through
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: