Hecate Strait - southern half
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 24 September 2022
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots becoming southeast 20 to 30 Sunday morning then diminishing to southeast 10 to 20 Sunday evening.
Rain changing to showers this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 24 September 2022 Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located over the
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Sunday trough located over Bowie.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Sunday trough located over the North Coast.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT Sunday frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Monday weakening frontal system located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:57 PM PDT 24 September 2022 A trough over northern waters is giving southeasterly marginal gales
over East Dixon and Northern Hecate Strait. Winds will begin
This evening as the trough weakens.
On Sunday, another trough will move into northern waters in the
morning. Ahead of the second trough, southeasterly gales will develop
over East Dixon and Northern Hecate Strait.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: