Hecate Strait - southern half
Issued 09:30 PM PST 26 January 2022
Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 10 to 20 knots increasing to southeast 20 to 30 Thursday morning then becoming southerly 25 to 35 Thursday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - southern halfIssued 9:30 PM PST 26 January 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 26 January 2022 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight quasi-stationary ridge located over
At 4:00 a.m. PST Thursday frontal system located off Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Thursday frontal system located over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:18 PM PST 26 January 2022 Over the inner South Coast, winds remain light under a
quasi-stationary ridge. Visibility may be limited by areas of
persistent widespread fog.
A frontal system will approach the offshore waters Thursday morning
and move across Haida Gwaii Thursday afternoon. Ahead of the front,
winds will rise to gale force southerly across the northern and
central waters. Winds will shift to southwest gales behind the front.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: