Hecate Strait - southern half
Issued 05:44 AM PST 03 December 2023
Today Tonight and Monday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 45 to 55 knots diminishing to southwest 25 to 35 early this morning then backing to southeast 30 to 40 near midnight. Wind increasing to southeast 45 to 55 Monday morning then diminishing to southwest 25 to 35 Monday afternoon. Wind backing to southeast 35 to 45 Monday evening.
Rain ending early this morning with a risk of thunderstorms. Rain overnight and Monday. Visibility as low as 1 mile in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - southern halfIssued 05:44 AM PST 03 December 2023
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 3 December 2023 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located from the Alaska
panhandle to Explorer.
By 10:30 a.m. PST today departing frontal system located over
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight approaching frontal system located west
of the offshore waters.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:36 AM PST 3 December 2023
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: