Issued 09:30 PM PDT 17 August 2019
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind southwest 15 to 25 knots veering to northwest 20 to 25 Sunday morning then diminishing to northwest 5 to 15 late Sunday afternoon.
Showers ending near noon Sunday.
Hecate Strait - northern half
Hecate Strait - southern half
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 17 August 2019 Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located west of
the offshore waters.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight deepening trough located over the Alaska
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Sunday weakening low 997 mb located near Prince
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:30 PM PDT 17 August 2019 An area of low pressure off Alaska Panhandle will move south to lie
near Prince Rupert by early Sunday morning. Strong to marginal gale
force winds will develop near the low and ease Sunday morning as the
low weakens and moves inland.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: