Issued 09:30 PM PDT 23 October 2019
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind light tonight and Thursday.
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 23 October 2019
Friday Wind southwest 15 knots increasing to southwest 30 in the afternoon.
Saturday Wind north 15 knots.
Sunday Wind north 15 knots diminishing to light.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 23 October 2019 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary frontal system located
on a line northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located over the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:31 PM PDT 23 October 2019 A Pacific frontal system will remain nearly stationary across central
waters overnight and Thursday. Strong to gale force south or
southwest winds will prevail over this area.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: