Issued 09:30 PM PDT 16 August 2022
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind light becoming north 10 to 15 knots early Wednesday morning then diminishing to light early Wednesday afternoon. Wind becoming southwest 5 to 15 early Wednesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 16 August 2022 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located on a line
north-south over Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Wednesday dissipating frontal system located on
a line northeast-southwest over Bowie.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday building ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Thursday quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over Bowie.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday trough located over the South Coast.
By 9:30 p.m. PDT Wednesday quasi-stationary trough located from
the North Coast to the South Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:29 PM PDT 16 August 2022 A stationary front draped northeast to southwest over Bowie will
weaken through the day on Wednesday. Strong to gale force
Southerlies over Bowie and waters in the vicinity of Northern Haida
Gwaii will ease overnight tonight through early Wednesday morning.
A trough will develop over the South Coast through Wednesday and
Wednesday night. Strong to gale force northwest winds will develop
off the northwest coast of Vancouver Island later Wednesday afternoon
and continue into Thursday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: