Issued 10:30 AM PDT 16 August 2022
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind light except southwest 10 to 15 knots over southern sections late this morning. Wind becoming southwest 5 to 15 late this afternoon then becoming light near midnight. Wind becoming north 10 to 15 early Wednesday morning then diminishing to light Wednesday afternoon. Wind becoming southwest 5 to 15 Wednesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 16 August 2022 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today frontal system located west of the offshore
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Bowie.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday building ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:18 AM PDT 16 August 2022 A frontal system will cross into Bowie today. Strong to gale force
southeasterlies over Bowie will spread to waters near Northern Haida
Gwaii this afternoon. Winds will ease early Wednesday morning as the
frontal system departs.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: