Issued 09:30 PM PST 21 January 2022
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind light becoming northeast 5 to 15 knots late overnight. Wind northeast 5 to 15 Saturday.
Fog patches dissipating near noon Saturday. Fog patches reforming Saturday evening.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 21 January 2022 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight quasi-stationary ridge located over the
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located over Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PST Saturday departing frontal system located near
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:03 PM PST 21 January 2022 A frontal system will remain stalled over Bowie until Saturday
morning. During this period, southerly gales will persist across
Bowie and parts of the northern waters. On Saturday, the front will
begin to weaken and push across the North Coast. Winds will gradually
ease through the day.
Over the South Coast, winds will be light under a quasi-stationary
ridge for several days. Visibility may be limited by persistent
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: