Issued 10:30 AM PST 29 January 2020
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind easterly 5 to 15 knots becoming southwest 10 to 20 near noon then diminishing to light early this evening. Wind increasing to southeast 10 to 20 Thursday morning then diminishing to light Thursday evening.
Rain ending this afternoon. Rain Thursday late in the day.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 29 January 2020 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located west of the offshore
By 4:00 p.m. PST Thursday weakening frontal system located on a
line north-south over northern Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:13 AM PST 29 January 2020 In the wake of a frontal system, gale to storm force southwesterlies
over northern and central waters will persist into this afternoon.
Another approaching frontal system will track across Haida Gwaii
Thursday morning and onto the mainland coast late in the afternoon.
Ahead of the front, gale to storm force southerlies will develop over
the offshore, northern and central waters tonight into Thursday
morning. As the front nears, a period of hurricane force can be
expected over the headlands of West Coast Vancouver Island North
beginning Thursday morning. Southeast gales will gradually spread to
the inner South Coast by Thursday afternoon.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: