Issued 09:30 PM PDT 31 May 2023
Tonight and Thursday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southwest 10 to 20 knots except southwest 25 over southern sections tonight. Wind diminishing to light Thursday morning then increasing to southwest 10 to 20 early Thursday evening except southwest 25 over southern sections.
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 31 May 2023
Friday Wind southwest 10 to 20 knots.
Saturday Wind southwest 10 to 15 knots increasing to southwest 20 late in the day.
Sunday Wind southwest 10 to 20 knots increasing to southwest 20 to 30.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Strong wind warning in effect
Haro StraitIssued 9:30 PM PDT 31 May 2023
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 31 May 2023 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located from Explorer to the
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Thursday quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over northern Vancouver Island.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located over western Bowie.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Thursday quasi-stationary frontal system located
on a line northwest-southeast over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:09 PM PDT 31 May 2023 Ahead of a ridge of high pressure, gale force westerlies over Juan de
Fuca Strait will ease late this evening and then redevelop early
An approaching frontal system will cross Bowie tonight and remain
over Haida Gwaii through Thursday. Ahead of the front, gale force
southeasterlies will develop over northern waters early Thursday
morning and ease Thursday evening.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: