Issued 04:00 AM PDT 12 April 2021
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind north 15 to 20 knots increasing to north 20 to 25 early this evening then veering to northeast 10 to 20 late this evening. Wind backing to north 20 to 25 Tuesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Haro StraitIssued 04:00 AM PDT 12 April 2021
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 12 April 2021 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today building ridge located on a line north-south
By 5:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 3:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday approaching frontal system located west
of the offshore waters.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: