Issued 04:00 PM PDT 16 June 2021
Tonight and Thursday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southwest 5 to 15 knots increasing to southwest 20 to 30 Thursday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Haro StraitIssued 4:00 PM PDT 16 June 2021
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 16 June 2021 Tonight and Thursday At 5:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located over western Bowie.
By 5:00 a.m. PDT Thursday weakening frontal system located over
western Haida Gwaii.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over southeastern Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:34 PM PDT 16 June 2021 A frontal system is crossing the Bowie region this evening.
Ahead of the front, marginal gale force southeasterly winds have
developed over Bowie. The gales will ease by midnight as
The frontal system moves over Haida Gwaii while weakening.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: