Explorer - northwestern half
Issued 04:00 PM PST 28 November 2022
Tonight and Tuesday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind northwest 20 to 30 knots becoming northwest 25 to 35 near noon Tuesday then increasing to northeast 40 to 50 Tuesday evening.
Scattered showers changing to rain this evening then to scattered showers Tuesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Explorer - northwestern halfIssued 4:00 PM PST 28 November 2022
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 28 November 2022 Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 p.m. PST today building ridge located over BC interior.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Tuesday intensifying low 1007 mb located over
By 4:00 p.m. PST Tuesday low 990 mb located northwest of Vancouver
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:54 PM PST 28 November 2022 A ridge of high pressure building over the Northern BC Interior will
generate strong to gale force outflow winds through the mainland
inlets. Outflow winds will strengthen on Tuesday with gale to storm
force strength expected Tuesday night.
A low pressure system will intensify west of Haida Gwaii tonight and
track southeastwards towards Vancouver Island on Tuesday. Gale to
storm force winds will develop over parts of the offshore and central
waters as well as West Vancouver Island on Tuesday.
Over the inner South Coast, snow and strong winds will generate
blowing snow leading to significant reductions in blowing snow during
the day on Tuesday, carrying into Tuesday night.
Over northern coastal waters, a risk of freezing spray will exist
beginning Tuesday evening as Arctic air pushes out from the mainland
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: