Explorer - northwestern half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 21 September 2023
Tonight and Friday.
Wind southerly 15 to 25 knots becoming northwest 15 to 25 Friday morning.
Rain beginning overnight changing to showers Friday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 21 September 2023 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located from Explorer to the
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Friday weakening ridge located over Vancouver
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over Langara.
By 11:00 a.m. PDT Friday weakening cold front located from Hecate
Strait to Explorer.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT Friday trough located from the Central Coast
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Saturday trough located from Cape Scott to
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:29 PM PDT 21 September 2023 A cold front over west coast Haida Gwaii will move eastward and
Reach Hecate Strait by Friday morning then weaken as it progresses
into central waters Friday afternoon. Ahead of the front, southerly
gales have developed over west coast Haida Gwaii and Dixon entrances.
The winds will ease to strong southerly Friday morning as the front
moves over Hecate Strait and rapidly weakens. In its wake, winds will
ease to moderate to strong westerlies tonight through Friday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: