Explorer - northwestern half
Issued 09:30 PM PST 02 December 2023
Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 30 to 40 knots veering to southwest 35 to 45 near midnight then diminishing to southwest 20 to 30 early Sunday evening.
Rain this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Explorer - northwestern halfIssued 9:30 PM PST 02 December 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 2 December 2023 Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located over Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Sunday frontal system located from the Alaska
panhandle to Cape Scott.
At 9:30 p.m. PST Sunday approaching frontal system located west
of the offshore waters.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:17 PM PST 2 December 2023 A frontal system over Bowie will move eastward tonight to lie in an
arc from the Southern Alaskan Panhandle to Northern Vancouver Island
by early Sunday morning.
Gale force southeasterlies will develop ahead of the front this
evening and strengthen further to storms overnight over northern and
central waters. Gales will extend into the inner South Coast waters
overnight. Widespread gale force westerlies are expected in the wake
of the system, with an area of storm force westerlies expected over
the offshore waters on Sunday morning.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: