Explorer - northwestern half
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 22 August 2019
Today Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 15 to 25 knots increasing to southwest 25 to 35 late this afternoon then diminishing to westerly 15 to 25 late overnight. Wind westerly 15 to 25 Friday.
Showers beginning this afternoon and ending early Friday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Explorer - northwestern halfIssued 10:30 AM PDT 22 August 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 22 August 2019 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today building ridge located on a line north-south
over Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Friday ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over central Vancouver Island.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Friday dissipating frontal system located on a
line north-south over the Central Coast.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Friday trough located west of Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:32 AM PDT 22 August 2019 A frontal system will progress eastward through Bowie today. The
system will progress into the northern and central waters tonight
then cross the Central Coast into the British Columbia Interior
Friday afternoon. Gale force southerly winds will develop ahead of
the system and shift to strong westerlies in its wake.
Gale force to strong westerly winds will dominate northern waters on
Friday as another trough swings into the region.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: