Explorer - northwestern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 23 July 2019
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind westerly 5 to 15 knots increasing to south 25 to 35 Wednesday morning then becoming southwest 20 to 30 Wednesday evening.
Rain beginning Wednesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Explorer - northwestern halfIssued 04:00 AM PDT 23 July 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 23 July 2019 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
By 10:30 a.m. PDT today building ridge located on a line north-south
over Cape Scott.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today low 1012 mb located off Haida Gwaii.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today low 1012 mb located over northern Bowie.
At 11:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday frontal system located over the
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Wednesday frontal system located off Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:59 AM PDT 23 July 2019 A ridge of high pressure over Explorer will build today. Gale force
westerlies will develop over eastern sections of Juan de Fuca Strait
this afternoon then ease to strong late this evening.
A frontal system will approach northern and offshore waters on
Wednesday. Along the front, gale force southeasterlies will develop
over the offshore waters Wednesday morning then the northern waters
late Wednesday afternoon.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: