Explorer - southeastern half
Issued 10:30 AM PST 22 January 2020
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots veering to southwest 25 to 35 near noon then backing to south 30 to 40 near midnight except southwest 20 over western sections Thursday morning. Wind diminishing to southwest 15 to 25 near noon Thursday then backing to southeast 15 to 25 Thursday evening.
Rain changing to showers near noon Thursday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Explorer - southeastern halfIssued 12:20 PM PST 22 January 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 22 January 2020 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located near Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located from Haida Gwaii
At 4:00 a.m. PST Thursday cold front located from the Central
Coast to Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Thursday weakening cold front located over BC
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:28 AM PST 22 January 2020 A frontal system over the offshore waters this morning will move
eastward and lie across Queen Charlotte Sound by the afternoon. The
system will cross the North Coast tonight. Gale to local storm force
southeasterlies ahead of the front will shift to strong to gale force
southwestly in its wake.
The trailing cold front will lie across the Central Coast Thursday
morning and move across the South Coast Thursday afternoon. Strong to
gale force southeasterlies will persist ahead of the front then ease
to moderate to strong southerlies in its wake.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: