Explorer - southeastern half
Issued 09:30 PM PST 14 November 2019
Tonight and Friday.
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots backing to south 15 to 25 early Friday evening.
Showers with a risk of thunderstorms late this evening changing to rain Friday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 14 November 2019 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located on a line
north-south over Cape Scott.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Friday dissipating frontal system located on a
line north-south over southern Vancouver Island.
At midnight PST tonight low 976 mb located over the Gulf of Alaska.
By 10:00 a.m. PST Friday departing low 982 mb located over the
Gulf of Alaska.
At 4:00 p.m. PST Friday frontal system located west of Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:20 PM PST 14 November 2019 A Pacific front crossing North Vancouver Island this evening will
dissipate over southern waters tonight. Gale force southeast
Winds over Northwestern Vancouver island will ease to moderate to
strong southerly in the wake of the front.
Another frontal system will bring gale to storm force southeast winds
to northern and central waters Friday night.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: