Explorer - southeastern half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 22 August 2019
Tonight and Friday.
Wind southwest 15 to 25 knots becoming westerly 15 early Friday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 22 August 2019 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located on a line north-south over
northern Vancouver Island.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Friday ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over central Vancouver Island.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located over Bowie.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Friday dissipating frontal system located on a
line north-south over the Central Coast.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Friday trough located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Friday trough located over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:23 PM PDT 22 August 2019 A frontal system over Bowie will progress into the northern and
central waters tonight then cross the Central Coast into the British
Columbia Interior Friday afternoon. Gale to marginal storm force
southerly winds will continue ahead of the system and shift to strong
westerlies in its wake.
Strong to gale force westerly winds will dominate northern waters on
Friday as a trough swings into the region.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: