Explorer - southeastern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 24 October 2021
Today Tonight and Monday.
Hurricane force wind warning in effect.
Wind southeast 45 to 55 knots increasing to southeast 55 to 65 early this morning then diminishing to southeast 45 to 55 near noon. Wind diminishing to south 30 to 40 near midnight then veering to west 35 to 45 late overnight. Wind diminishing to west 25 to 35 Monday afternoon and to southwest 20 Monday evening.
Rain changing to showers early this morning and ending overnight. Risk of thunderstorms today. Showers near noon Monday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Explorer - southeastern halfIssued 04:00 AM PDT 24 October 2021
'Hurricane' force winds of 64 knots or above are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 24 October 2021 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today frontal system located over southwestern
By 11:00 a.m. PDT today frontal system located west of Vancouver
At 11:00 a.m. PDT today low 947 mb located southwest of Explorer.
By 11:00 p.m. PDT tonight low 958 mb located over southwestern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:22 AM PDT 24 October 2021 A strong front associated with an exceptionally deep low pressure
system is producing gale to storm force easterly winds over the
southern offshore waters. Winds will rise to storm to local hurricane
force southeasterly this morning. Through the inner South Coast winds
will rise to gale force southeasterly this morning.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: