Explorer - southeastern half
Issued 09:30 PM PST 07 March 2021
Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 20 to 30 knots diminishing to southeast 15 late overnight except southeast 25 to 35 over eastern sections overnight and Monday.
Showers. Risk of thunderstorms tonight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Explorer - southeastern halfIssued 9:30 PM PST 07 March 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 7 March 2021 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight low 996 mb located southwest of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Monday low 1003 mb located southwest of Explorer.
At midnight PST tonight trough located over southern Explorer.
By 10:30 a.m. PST Monday trough located over southern Queen
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:03 PM PST 7 March 2021 A 996 MB low southwest of Bowie will slowly track south, remaining
far offshore. By Monday morning, the low will lie southwest of
Explorer. A trough rotating around the low will move northward to lie
west of Vancouver Island overnight. The trough will weaken as it
moves into Queen Charlotte Sound on Monday.
Gale force easterlies over Bowie will ease tonight as the low drifts
Strong southerly winds west of Vancouver Island will rise to gale
force southeasterlies early Monday morning as the trough approaches.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: