Explorer - southeastern half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 28 September 2020
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind variable 5 to 15 knots increasing to northeast 15 to 25 near midnight then veering to southeast 15 to 25 Tuesday afternoon.
Showers ending Tuesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 28 September 2020 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over northern Vancouver Island.
By 10:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday dissipating ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Central Coast.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight warm front located on a line
northeast-southwest over southern Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday departing warm front located north
At 4:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday cold front located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday weakening cold front located on a line
northwest-southeast over Queen Charlotte Sound.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:24 PM PDT 28 September 2020 A warm front will cross Bowie tonight and Tuesday. Ahead of the
system, gale force easterly winds have developed over Bowie.
The associated cold front will follow the warm front and approach
Bowie late Tuesday afternoon. Southeasterly gales will develop over
the northern offshore waters late Tuesday afternoon then spread to
central and northern coastal waters Tuesday night.
Strong to gale force outflow winds will develop through Douglas
Channel late Tuesday night with the approaching cold front.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: