Explorer - southeastern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 06 December 2023
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southwest 5 to 15 knots becoming light early this morning then increasing to northwest 10 to 20 near midnight. Wind becoming northwest 15 to 25 Thursday morning.
Scattered showers this afternoon and this evening. Showers Thursday afternoon and evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 6 December 2023 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. PST today weakening low located over the Gulf of
At 4:00 a.m. PST today building ridge located over Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Thursday trough located over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:14 PM PST 5 December 2023 Gale force southwesterlies over Northern Bowie will ease tonight as a
low in the Gulf of Alaska weakens and moves away from the region.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: