Explorer - southeastern half
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 04 October 2022
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind southeast 20 to 30 knots becoming southwest 20 near midnight then veering to westerly 15 late overnight. Wind diminishing to light Wednesday morning.
Periods of rain ending Wednesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 4 October 2022 Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located over northern
By 10:30 p.m. PDT tonight departing frontal system located over
the North Coast.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today intensifying trough located off Explorer.
By 2:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday frontal system located from Haida Gwaii
to Cape Scott.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:00 PM PDT 4 October 2022 A frontal system will move from Vancouver Island headlands to the
North Coast this evening. In its wake, a second trough will deepen
and develop a frontal system which will cross the offshore waters
tonight and reach Haida Gwaii early Wednesday morning. Later
Wednesday morning, the system will move on shore on the North Coast
Ahead of the troughs, southeast gales are present north of the Brooks
Peninsula today. Over central and northern waters, strong southeast
winds will develop and increase to marginal gales this evening. Winds
will gradually ease late Wednesday morning.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: