Explorer - southeastern half
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 16 May 2022
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southwesterly 15 to 25 knots becoming southwest 10 to 20 early this evening then becoming southwest 15 to 25 after midnight. Wind increasing to southeast 45 to 55 Tuesday evening.
Showers changing to rain Tuesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Explorer - southeastern halfIssued 10:30 AM PDT 16 May 2022
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 16 May 2022 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday deepening trough located west of the
By 5:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday trough located over Hecate Strait.
At 9:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday approaching low 997 mb located west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:28 AM PDT 16 May 2022 A ridge of high pressure over west coast Vancouver Island will result
in gale force inflow winds through east entrance of Juan de Fuca
strait this afternoon.
Another trough will move through the offshore waters Tuesday.
Southerly gales will develop over Hecate Strait to Explorer near
A low pressure centre will move over Explorer Tuesday evening then
cross Vancouver Island on Wednesday. Unseasonably strong winds are
associated with this low. Gale to storm force southerly winds will
develop ahead of the low over Explorer and west coast Vancouver
Island Tuesday night. Southeast gales are expected for inner South
Coast waters. Winds will shift to gale to storm force northwesterly
in the wake of the low.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: