Explorer - southeastern half
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 08 May 2021
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind southwest 10 to 20 knots veering to northwesterly 15 early this evening then increasing to northwest 15 to 20 Sunday evening.
Showers ending near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 8 May 2021 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today trough located on a line north-south over
By 10:00 p.m. PDT tonight departing trough located on a line
north-south over the Central Coast.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today building ridge located west of the offshore
By 5:00 a.m. PDT Sunday ridge located on a line north-south over
the offshore waters.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:24 AM PDT 8 May 2021 A trough in a north to south line over Haida Gwaii this morning will
gradually shift eastward to lie off the Central Coast this evening.
Locally gale force southeast winds will occur ahead of the trough
until late this afternoon.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: