Explorer - southeastern half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 17 April 2019
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southwest 15 to 25 knots becoming southwest 15 after midnight then becoming variable 15 early Thursday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 17 April 2019 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located on a line
northwest-southeast over Hecate Strait.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Thursday dissipating frontal system located on
a line north-south over northern Vancouver Island.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight low 981 mb located northwest of Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Thursday weakening low 984 mb located north
At 10:30 a.m. PDT Thursday quasi-stationary ridge located on a
line northeast-southwest over northern Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:35 PM PDT 17 April 2019 A frontal system over over Hecate Strait this evening will cross the
northern coast later tonight and dissipate over the Central Coast
early Thursday morning.
Gale to storm force southeasterly winds will continue over northern
and central coastal waters until the frontal passage. Gale force
southwesterly winds will follow in the wake of the front except
marginal storm force winds over waters west of Haida Gwaii. These
winds will abate on Thursday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: